I taste tested this recipe last week and it was a big hit. I kind of modified a few other recipes to make my own. I didn't measure so you might want to adjust it according to your own tastes. I know I had to add a little more sweetener when I first made it. I just really don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners and the recipes I found called for Crystal Light (yuck) so that really threw off my water/lemonade ratio. Anyway, I will make it again and if you want to schedule your own kika trunk show, I will make up a pitcher and bring it with me!
|Monica's Skinny Girl Sparkling Lemonade|
No fancy party glass here ... just fancy plastic!
This is the lemonade I used because I drink it all the time. It has that fresh squeezed taste and I am too lazy to make my own lemonade. It certainly tastes better than that horrible Crystal Light!
|Skinny Girl Cucumber Vodka|
Maybe there are other cucumber vodkas out there but this was the one called for in the recipe and I really like it. It is not sweet like some flavored vodkas can be and smells and tastes like a cucumber!
Ok, one more note ... I didn't chill my cucumber vodka before I made this drink so I just used my blender to quickly chill and blend the lemonade and vodka together. This may have been the reason why I needed to add more sweetener to it because I added the ice?
Monica's Skinny Girl Sparkling Cucumber Lemonade
- 1 cup Skinnygirl Cucumber Vodka
- 2 cups Simply Lemonade
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 freshly squeezed (organic) lemon
- Sugar or sweetener of your choice (I used a combination of Lemon flavored Stevia and honey)
- 1 cup club soda
- Cucumber (organic) wheels (for garnish)
- Lemon (organic) wheels (for garnish)
- Combine the vodka, lemonade, ice, lemon juice and sweetener in the blender.
- Pulse until ice is pulverized and well blended.
- You can either top it off with the club soda or pour it into each glass separately. Don't blend the club soda!
- Garnish the pitcher with sliced cucumbers and lemon wheels or add to each cup individually.
- DRINK and ENJOY!