Thursday, March 27, 2014

Business Doesn't Mean Black

I go to a lot of networking meetings and I have noticed that many of them the women wear black. I guess it is a classic business attire but it is also somewhat boring to see a room full of women all dressed in the same color. I notice the ladies who wear a pop of bright color or an unusual jacket or a pretty scarf. Those are the women I remember and often want to make a connection with.

I am guilty of the black = business attire mentality too. I am glad for this blog and for kika because it forces me out of my comfort zone and makes me try new things so I don't wear the same thing all the time. Sometimes, I can wear the basic black dress and change the look by wearing a different jacket. However, for this outfit I went out of my comfort zone and went for a bright and bold color. I struggled finding the right outfit for this business networking meeting but I finally settled on this outfit because I wanted something striking. I think it worked! What do you think of it?
Letty in Atlantis (custom color) ~ $125
Andrea in Atlantis (signature color) ~ $88
Letty in Atlantis (custom color) ~ $125
Andrea in Atlantis (signature color) ~ $88

I really like this dress! It has a different material on top that is more drapey and the skirt is thicker so there is no see through! It was really comfortable to wear and I love the flattering neckline. 

Andrea in Atlantis (signature color) ~ $88
Andrea in Atlantis (signature color) ~ $88
Thank you to Maxine Waterman Photography for this fabulous photo. This was taken at my eWomen Seattle Chapter meeting this month. 
Great getting to know these ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed before it is posted to my blog. Thank you!